seeing config.log for a failed build

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Fri Dec 23 10:13:31 UTC 2005

> You are running the autotools as part of building. I'd recall how many
> times I tried to advise packagers not to do so.

I fully agree with you. However in that case I believe this is unfortunately
necessary. Indeed the upstream checks for a several years old opendap library
and the changes are so big that it isn't possible to patch the configure script.

> You are very likely becoming victim of a configuration's
> incompatibilities to modern autotools and to bugs in a configuration
> being raised by running modern autotools on packages relying upon
> outdated autotools.

That's a possibility, indeed. But there are other possibilities...

--
Pat