Re: I\'m new to Linux: Web Design Packages

iurodivii wrote:

Hello to all, i'm a three part newbie:
new to programming in general
new to linux and fedora
new to the forum...

here's my first question:

I will be installing Fedora Core 3 onto my laptop in the next week (when time allows) and the first major project i will undertake it designing a website for myself. Being new to programming i know of a few terms that are related to web design PHP, HTML etc. what would anyone recommend as a good all-around package (either in Fedora, or as an add-on) to try out?

Thanks

I'd very strongly suggest you (as a newbie) to try either or all of these packages: NVU, Quanta and BlueFish, NVU is like an IDE so it is WYSIWYG and Quanta and BlueFish are very good coding tools with syntax hihglight and stuff, very useful them both.