Re: fedora-extras-release

Justin Georgeson wrote:

Matthias Saou writes:

Too bad though that it seems sysconfig/rhn/ can only take info from the
single "sources" file, as from my understanding this means that the current
RHN notification tool won't automatically be aware of Extras after this
package is installed.

Add a post install script that does

echo "..." >> /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources

and a post uninstall script that does

grep -v "..." /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources > /tmp/sources.new
mv /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources.rpmsave
mv /tmp/sources.new /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources

You could add some 'if [ $? != 0 ]; ...' stuff to rollout the changes if a
command fails, but it would mean that up2date can use Extras and the rhn_applet
will se updates.

:)