Anjuta x86_64 crashes when creatina a new project.

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Mon Feb 7 10:02:16 UTC 2005

Phillip Compton wrote :

> On Thu, 2005-02-03 at 18:17 +0100, Matthias Saou wrote:
>
> > BTW, about the anjuta rpm, one thing that needs fixing is adding
> > gettext-devel to the requirements. I just got this report from a user :
>
> > Requires: gettext-devel for your package so that the behavior is as
> > expected? Thanks Matthias, I enjoy mirroring your site for use by
workers
> > here in our office.
> >
> > --
> >
> > If pcompton is lurking, I hope he'll pick it up, otherwise, the next
person
> > to open a bug report could include it as a bonus ;-)
>
> *de-lurks for a second*
>
> I'll be sure to include that once cvs is back, unless you'd rather be
> the Extras maintainer, Matthias. You've been packaging Anjuta for quite
> some time, and I'll happily step aside if you'd like to continue with
> it.

Well, I don't use anjuta on a regular basis, although I get realtime
feedback by some colleagues who do ;-) so it would be best to have it
maintained by someone who knows it really well.

Now, about that change... see what Michael wrote. I'm not so sure now...
but for me, anjuta is clearly primarily an IDE for C/C++, thus requiring
autotools, gettext-devel and such to have it full-featured for this purpose
seems sensible to me, even if these could be considered "optional". But of
course, this is only my own opinion ;-)

Matthias

Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) - Linux kernel 2.6.10-1.760_FC3
Load : 0.19 0.29 0.48