New candidates for inclusion in Extras : udftools and starfighter-music

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Mon Feb 7 12:19:17 UTC 2005

Hi,

Here are packages I'd like to add to Extras :

- udftools : As UDF packet writing support is now in the latest FC kernels,
these tools are useful "out of the box" on FC without any kernel patching
or recompiling, thus should be easily accessible to all users.

- starfighter-music : My current starfighter package doesn't bundle the
musics, as they are in a separate zip file and aren't necessarily updated
at the same time as the main game (i.e. game is at 1.1 and music 1.0
currenty). One question about this is whether to make the main package
require the music one for everyone to get the complete gaming experience
(I'd favour this) or to let people optionally install the musics
themselves.

If I understood Warren's last process proposal :
- I need someone (besides myself) to sponsor my package (?).
- There needs to be no legal/licensing problems (*).
- Nobody must oppose a veto.

They should all comply with "best practices", and I'll announce to the
commits list if/once approved.

(*) : The starfighter-music zip doesn't contain any license information.
But I assume that it is covered by the same one as the main program (GNU
GPL) since it seems to be split apart only for practical reasons. Should I
add a copy of the GNU GPL to the package nevertheless? Is having it depend
on the main package which contains the license details enough?

Matthias

Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) - Linux kernel 2.6.10-1.760_FC3
Load : 0.22 0.27 0.54