kernel module rpm naming convention

Hello,
The AFS discussion brought up something that I've been trying to find out. Unfortunatly nobody followed up on the comment from Warren.

For our RHEL 3 based distribution we have been following the kernel-module naming convention found at

http://www.fedora.us/wiki/PackagingKernelModules

We have even modified yum 2.0.x (currently 2.0.7) to work with this naming convention.

Basically the question is, will Fedora extra's follow that naming convention or is there something better?

If that is the naming convention that is needed, and yum 2.1.x (and 2.2.x) doesn't handle it yet, we'll be willing to try to help with getting it working in the newer yum's.

But if there is something that the community has deamed better, then can I be pointed at it and hopefully I can be of some help.

Thanks
Troy Dawson
Troy Dawson  dawson fnal gov  (630)840-6468