kernel module rpm naming convention

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Mon Feb 7 19:07:58 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-02-07 at 09:55 -0600, Troy Dawson wrote:

> Basically the question is, will Fedora extra's follow that naming
> convention or is there something better?

The whole kernel module packaging situation, not only the naming part,
is still somewhat unclear, but it is being actively worked on.

If I were you, I would not take anything from the past granted, and
possibly waste time on patching depsolvers, but hold the module packages
for a while until "official" documented instructions how to do that
stuff are released.  That's what I do wrt. my kernel module packages
anyway, FWIW.