Tracking Thoughts Re: requesting sponsor for new package: xmms-jess

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Wed Feb 9 08:08:45 UTC 2005

Charles R. Anderson wrote:
> I've packaged a visualization plugin for xmms called JESS:
>
> http://angus.ind.wpi.edu/~cra/fedora/extras/xmms-jess/
>

> URL         : http://arquier.free.fr/
> Summary     : JESS Visualization Plugin for XMMS
> Description :
> JESS is a visualization plugin for XMMS with blur, image distortion,
> oscilloscope, 3D rotating grids with synchro zoom, fading palette, and
> synchronized flash effects.
>

> * Tue Feb 08 2005 Charles R. Anderson <cra at wpi.edu>> - 0:2.91-1
>
> - initial package for Fedora Extras
>

> Is anyone interested in sponsoring this for inclusion to Extras?

May I point out that without a database driven tracking system, there is
no way to easily track requests like this.  So if nobody deals with it
immediately, it will become lost since it is not in any queue.  It will
be confusing when there are 500 similar requests and a random set of 300
are finished.  With database tracked reports, this thing can be tracked,
query for open issues, and closed when done.

Yes there are many valid arguments against Bugzilla too.  I think that
these concerns were mainly implementation details (and push/pull
communication concerns) that are possible to fix.  But instead we have a
total rejection of anything resembling the old fedora.us process in
favor of this unstructured mess.

Anyhow, I should not be using my time now to argue about this now.  We
can more effectively discuss this during FUDCON week.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com