New candidates packages for Extras

Jose Pedro Oliveira jpo at di.uminho.pt
Wed Feb 9 18:22:25 UTC 2005

Robert Marcano wrote:
>>Or maybe just one package perl-CPANtoRPM containing a generic automatic
>>spec generator and RPM builder? :) I really like the idea of having
>>everything packaged and managed using RPM even if it's not in extras.
>>The time for creating such tool should be shorter (having all the CPAN
>>compiling, testing and installing framework done already by Perl people)
>>than maintainig tens of packages in extras, right? :)
>>
>>Or maybe somebody already did that? :)
>
> http://perl.arix.com/cpan2rpm/
>
>>Lam

I have several tools listed here:
http://gsd.di.uminho.pt/jpo/perl/specfiles/#TOOLS

While several of these tools are able to create
RPMS they usually don't detect the building
requirements (modules required for running the
test suite).

Another problem is that rpm doesn't catch all
module requirements, in particular the ones
loaded with "require".  And this is only one
of the problems, we still have to check
system, open, backticks, ...

All comes back to human reviewers...

Regards,
jpo

PS - The last link of the above list may be
promising.

--
José Pedro Oliveira
mailto: jpo at di.uminho.pt * http://gsd.di.uminho.pt/~jpo