new package for review: logjam

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Thu Feb 10 14:23:44 UTC 2005

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 10:45:18 +0100, Matthias Saou wrote:

> Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote :

> sometimes

> failure
> >
> > Sneaking back on topic, with -j3, it still builds for me. I suspect the
> > missing gettext in the buildroot was what caused the translation error.
>
> Yup. And Michael pointed that out in his first review mail : gettext-devel
> is most certainly the guilty one, and you'll need to add it to
> BuildRequires (as he wrote). Note that for RH/RHEL or FC < 3, it's
> "gettext" and not "gettext-devel" since the split happened very recently.

Yes, and it is really just needed for building. The added explicit
dependency on

  gettext

is not correct, and the other dependencies on

  gtk2, xmms, gtkhtml3, librsvg2

are redundant, not needed, and would only require unnecessary rebuilds
if a library were moved into a package with a different name.
'rpm -qR logjam' shows the automatic dependencies on the libraries
already.

Also, Tom mentioned "requested cleanups" in his cvs commit. The
following added line is not cleanup, but bad habit, in particular
since a good buildroot is set at the top of the spec file already.
It should simple become 'rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT' here:

 %install
+[ -n "$RPM_BUILD_ROOT" -a "$RPM_BUILD_ROOT" != / ] && rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT

Rest of the packaging appears good and not unusual. As I don't run a blog,
I won't comment on the run-time behaviour.