Volunteer to maintain a number of packages

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Thu Feb 24 18:53:42 UTC 2005

Hi,

I would like to volunteer to maintain a number of packages listed on:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras_2fOrphanedPackages

This are all packages listed to be removed from FC4, I've noticed that
there is some discussion about this on fedora-devel so I might be a bit
early.

The packages I would like to volunteer for are:
-gnumeric, because I use it quite often it is just way better then
oocalc imho.
-tuxracer & freeciv, because I'm a teacher who is trying to get his
students to move to Linux and what do they want? Games! And because I
like these myself :)

I've been a redhat betateam member back in the days when RH still used
todo closed betas, long time Linux user and coder, although I haven't
done much community work. I can code C blindfolded and I'm learning to
create better RPMS by the day. Also see my introductionary message to
fedora-devel some time ago, or search for bugs in RH-bugzilla committed
by me, or take a look at: http://x.mame.net or my outdated homepage:
http://home.versatel.nl/jwrdegoede/

My bugzilla-account email is the same as I'm posting this from.

Regards,

Hans

p.s.

In order to maintain this packages Extras-CVS access would be handy,
I'll take care of the paperwork part soon, any CVS account holders who
want to sponsor me?