New Packages for Extras

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Fri Jan 14 09:43:11 UTC 2005

Warren Togami wrote :

> seth vidal wrote:
> >  php-mmcache
>
> I recall reading somewhere that this is a dead project, and there is a
> forked active project of a different name somewhere?  Anyone know what
> the story is here?

Yes. To make it short, Zend hired the author, probably because his great
little piece of software was making too much "harm" to their Performance
Suite software... but the wonders of free software licensing, and some
people still interested in the project made the rest : eaccelerator.

I've already got packages for that one, as it is _very_ similar to mmcache,
I guess I could just go ahead and import it? Sounds ok?

Matthias

Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) - Linux kernel 2.6.10-1.737_FC3
Load : 0.35 0.39 0.23