Request for review: pygsl

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Fri Jul 1 14:04:24 UTC 2005

On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 12:48:25 +0100, José Matos wrote:

> http://www.fc.up.pt/pessoas/jamatos/pygsl.spec
> http://www.fc.up.pt/pessoas/jamatos/pygsl-0.3.2-1.src.rpm

Hmm, may I add that it is preferred form during reviewing to bump release
with every package revision? I just arrived at Tom's review, clicked on
above link and found a spec file which doesn't match the reviewed
items. E.g. Tom points out that the pygsl directory is not included in the
package. Contrary to that, in the spec I see that the directory is
included, but no files at all:

%files
%defattr(-,root,root)
%doc ChangeLog README CREDITS doc/ examples/
%dir %{python_sitelib}/pygsl

Should be:

%files
%defattr(-,root,root)
%doc ChangeLog README CREDITS doc/ examples/
%{python_sitelib}/pygsl/

[...]

Without intentions to review this, I noticed:

%install
python setup.py install -O1 --skip-build --root=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT

Should be:

%install
rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT
python setup.py install -O1 --skip-build --root=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT

--
Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at users.sf.net>
Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) - Linux 2.6.11-1.35_FC3