<offlist> Re: mock build fails

Michael Wiktowy mwiktowy at gmx.net
Mon Jul 4 23:52:48 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-05 at 00:41 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-07-04 at 18:16 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
>
> > So it's okay for you to call a developer and maintainer a jerk?
> Did I say you are a jerk?
>
> Let me cite what I wrote: "Closing PRs in bugzilla, doesn't help end
> users which are stuck with a problem and are eagerly waiting for you to
> provide a fix, and lets appear you as a jerk to them."
>
> > So it's okay for you to call a developer and maintainer a jerk?
>
> Read again what I wrote. I ment to say "end users will consider
> maintainers closing PRs without proving fixes/fixed packages to be
> jerks."
>
> You closed PRs without proving fixes and continue to ship broken
> packages. End users will draw their conclusions.

Here are my conclusions as an end user of this list:
1) You are on the wrong list for logical trickery
2) <offlist> comments should be sent off list.

Given:
If A, B
If B, C
"Seth=A"

>From the above, one can conclude that,
If A, C
"Seth=B"
"Seth=C"

If you had said "Jerks close PRs without proving fixes" (if C, B) then you would have left yourself a loophole since good guys could also close PRs without proving fixes too.

Please stop being a C, Ralf, and please feel free to correct my logic if I am wrong as this is supposed to be a friendly collaborative project.

/Mike