Self-Introduction: Sarantis Paskalis

Sarantis Paskalis sarantis at cnl.di.uoa.gr
Tue Jul 5 11:22:04 UTC 2005

Full legal name:               Sarantis Paskalis
City, Country:                 Athens, Greece
Profession or Student Status:  Network Engineer
Company or School:             University of Athens

Your goals in the Fedora Project:
  - Which packages do you want to see published?
     I would like to help package greek fonts, to promote the ease of use
     of greek in Linux.  The fonts packages are very low overhead, but
     especially important to certain classes of users.
  - Do you want to do QA?
     Yes (C programs, tetex subpackages, fonts)
  - Anything else special?
     I use Red Hat since 1997, and I have learned a lot from it.

Historical qualifications
  - What other projects have you worked on in the past?
     I have worked with the privoxy project (packaging, small bug fixes).
  - What computer languages and other skills do you know?
     C, a little bit of shell scripts, LaTeX
  - Why should we trust you?
     Well, in my opinion trust is not binary.  My guess is that my tiny
     credentials and my commitment to maintain the (admittedly low
     overhead) greek fonts could be enough to gain the trust needed.
     I have contributed some bug fixes in the specfiles of
     tetex-font-kerkis, to the point that I do not think any other fix
     is currently necessary.
     My motivation is to give back to the community that has given much
     to me.

GPG KEYID and fingerprint
sarantis at gallagher:~$ gpg --fingerprint D8C9602B
pub   1024D/D8C9602B 2005-06-27 [expires: 2006-06-27]
      Key fingerprint = 79E4 7048 E2CD 1589 396D  D869 A455 E1CE D8C9 602B
uid                  Sarantis Paskalis (Fedora Extras) <sarantis at cnl.di.uoa.gr>
sub   2048g/3AD0CCA5 2005-06-27 [expires: 2006-06-27]

-- Sarantis