Request for review: icmpdn

Fredrik Tolf fredrik at dolda2000.com
Wed Jul 6 20:44:27 UTC 2005

Hi!

I've fixed all the initial issues that were pointed out, so I'd
appreciate if someone would review this package now.

%description
Since the Linux kernel does not support the ICMP host name facilities as
described in RFC 1788, I wrote a simple implementation in user-space.
It comprises three parts:

    * icmpdnd - The ICMP Domain Name daemon, which listens to ICMP
      domain name requests and replies to them.

    * idnlookup - A user utility to query a host for its host name over
      ICMP. Like ping and all other utilities that use ICMP, it needs to
      be installed SUID root.

    * libnss_icmp.so.2 - A glibc NSS module, which uses idnlookup to
      perform queries for the gethostbyaddr function.

Spec and SRPM:
<http://www.dolda2000.com/~fredrik/icmp-dn/icmpdn.spec>
<http://www.dolda2000.com/~fredrik/icmp-dn/icmpdn-0.3-2.src.rpm>

Also, I'd appreciate if someone would CVS-sponsor it, since I have no
such account. Does anyone have a link (to the wiki?) with the proper
procedures for maintaining a package in FE?

Thanks,
Fredrik Tolf