Nexuiz

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Fri Jul 8 17:52:46 UTC 2005

Michael Schwendt wrote :

> > > Requires: %{name}-data libz.so.1 libvorbis.so.0 libvorbisfile.so.3
> > > Requires: libjpeg.so.62
> > >
> > > You can drop the specific library requires, rpm should figure that out.
> >
> > But rpm doesn't. The binary isn't linked against these libraries but
> > tries to load them during runtime.
>
> That's something a comment in the spec file ought to explain. It also
> means that these explicit soname dependencies may need to be revisited
> periodically.

And this actually requires a better solution, as those provides are
different on 64bit systems, thus those requirements can't be met. I'd put
"zlib libvorbis libjpeg" for now. Yeah, we'll be in trouble when one of
those libraries changes its major number... but I can't think of any clean
solution anyway.

Matthias

Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) - Linux kernel 2.6.11-1.35_FC3
Load : 0.43 0.42 0.37