Nexuiz, continued

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Sat Jul 9 06:30:40 UTC 2005

Michael Thomas wrote :

> Minor nit:  The build root for both specs should be:
> BuildRoot: %{_tmppath}/%{name}-%{version}-%{release}-root-%(%{__id_u} -n)

"preferred value"

I personally never liked that id execution, and have always left it out.
It makes no sense when ~/.rpmmacros is properly configured for "individual
usage", and even less when using mach or mock. But it's just a matter of
taste, really.

Still, why BuildRoot still needs to be set in each and every spec and
hasn't gotten a sane default years ago is beyond me. Seems silly to repeat
the same each time.

Matthias

Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) - Linux kernel 2.6.11-1.35_FC3
Load : 0.26 0.31 0.19