Request for Review: nethack

Luke Macken lmacken at redhat.com
Mon Jul 11 00:57:45 UTC 2005

On Mon, Jul 11, 2005 at 10:33:57AM +1000, Michael Fleming wrote:
| Not-Bad-But-Not-So-"Good"..
|
| /usr/games/nethack should really be /usr/share/games/nethack? (I'm
| thinking of the filesystem hierarchy standard here..)

Since /usr/share is for arch-independent data, everything except the
'nethack' and 'recover' binaries would be able to go there.  Where do
you recommend these files go ?

I tried to stick to the FHS as much as possible, and broke off the usual
/usr/games/lib/nethackdir standard into separate game
(/usr/games/nethack) and state (/var/games/nethack) directories.

| RPMlint says the following:
|
| W: nethack unstripped-binary-or-object /usr/games/nethack/nethack
| E: nethack zero-length /var/games/nethack/logfile
| E: nethack zero-length /var/games/nethack/record
| E: nethack zero-length /var/games/nethack/perm
| E: nethack non-standard-dir-perm /var/games/nethack 0775
| E: nethack non-standard-executable-perm /usr/games/nethack/nethack 02755
| E: nethack non-standard-dir-perm /var/games/nethack/save 0775
|
| Mind you, these are expected for a game structured like nethack so I'm
| willing to overlook them.

I figured as much.

Thanks,

luke