Request for review: cogito

Chris Wright chrisw at osdl.org
Mon Jul 11 19:35:34 UTC 2005

* Roland McGrath (roland at redhat.com) wrote:
> > Neil Horman, Chris Wright, and now you have all expressed interest in
> > maintaining cogito. Previous requests were halted, due to concerns about
> > the maturity level of the software. I suspect at this point its fine
> > (and there is obviously demand). The three of you should figure out who
> > will own this, then I'll be happy to review the end package.
>
> I have no great desire to do it, just a desire to have it there and a
> willingness to help make it happen.  No matter how immature it is, we are
> using it today (and there is nothing very mature available to deal with
> Linus's repositories).  So might as well have it easy to install.
>
> If we can't put immature but packageable and usable software into Extras,
> then we'll just have to have yet another infrastructure like Extras for us
> to collaborate on the Fedora-standard nonstandard stuff.  I don't see why
> anyone would want that.

I've added rpm build to core git now as well.  As soon as cogito is just
scripts on top of core git, then it should be a no-brainer to include
both where cogito has intstall dependency on git.  Could go earlier, and
if so, I need to remove one bit from cogito spec file (the obsoletes
line).

Current cogito srpm is up on kernel.org at:
	http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/cogito/RPMS/cogito-0.12-1.src.rpm

That RPMS dir should also work as a yum repo.

thanks,
-chris