Request for review: cogito

Josh Boyer jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org
Mon Jul 11 20:10:31 UTC 2005

> On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 12:35:34 -0700, you wrote:
>
>>I've added rpm build to core git now as well.  As soon as cogito is just
>>scripts on top of core git, then it should be a no-brainer to include
>>both where cogito has intstall dependency on git.  Could go earlier, and
>>if so, I need to remove one bit from cogito spec file (the obsoletes
>>line).
>
> I have started the introduction of git into Fedora Extras, so I
> think it's not a good idea to include git core into your package.

Yes, but upstream cogito does this.  Until the upstream release doesn't
include git the RPM will as well.  So the obsoletes would still be
required if we are going to have both cogito and git packages at this
point.

The other alternative is to wait on both until upstream cogito no longer
includes core git.

josh