Request for review: keychain

Alexander Dalloz alex at dalloz.de
Wed Jul 13 14:42:20 UTC 2005

Am Di, den 12.07.2005 schrieb Ville Skyttä um 18:09:

> > http://www.uni-x.org/keychain.spec
> > http://www.uni-x.org/keychain-2.5.4.1-1.src.rpm
>
> Bumping the release when you make updates and adding a changelog entry
> would be useful for tracking purposes.

My fault, noted.

> Anyway, I have a local package of this too, here's some cosmetic stuff
> that mine has but yours doesn't (maybe yet? ;)):
> - In %prep: sed -i -e 's|/usr/ucb:||' keychain

Do you think this is necessary? From my experience the non existing path
element (on Fedora) does no harm (no warnings, error messages or else).
On the other side removing it inside the keychain script will not break
anything on Fedora. I will include the %prep step.

> - A docs patch, see attachment.  (The reason for the "which" is that
> home dirs may be shared accross hosts, and it's possible that all of
> them don't have keychain installed.)

I feel the changes to the man page are good. So thanks for
recommendation, I will apply the patch.

> The reason why I hadn't submitted this package to Extras yet is its
> annoying interaction with the ssh-agent launched by FC's gdm.  I use gdm
> and KDE, and have this in my ~/.bash_profile:
>
>   which keychain &>/dev/null && keychain -q id_dsa
>   [[ -f $HOME/.keychain/$HOSTNAME-sh ]] && \
>     source $HOME/.keychain/$HOSTNAME-sh
>
> When logging in through gdm, while KDE starts up, I get a ssh-askpass
> dialog prompting for the passphrase, which is ok.  Then, I type the
> passphrase in, it's accepted and life seems good.  But when I start up a
> Konsole session, ssh'ing somewhere results in the passphrase query.  It
> seems that there are actually two ssh-agents launched, and the
> passphrases I typed at KDE startup ended up in the "wrong" one.  Very
> annoying, and I haven't found a solution yet.  Ideas?

That indicates that testing with a KDE environment is necessary. I only
run Gnome and never had such an issue with keychain.

Thanks!

Alexander

--

1024D/866ED681 2005-07-11 Alexander Dalloz (Fedora Project) <alex at dalloz.de>
Key fingerprint = CD40 0A91 7814 C1E4 5940  8E0E 1FD5 C316 866E D681