Request for a sponsor and a review of: pam_abl

Alexander Dalloz alex at dalloz.de
Fri Jul 15 12:20:52 UTC 2005

Am Fr, den 15.07.2005 schrieb Oliver Falk um 9:46:

> Hi Alexander!

Hello Oliver!

Starting with a friendly thank you for your review.

> Attached is a patch with recommended changes. You don't have to apply
> all the whitespace stuff I added, it was just some cosmetic...
>
> But:
> * Macro usage was inconsitant

Will take care of this in future.

> * At some points macros weren't used (eg. _sysconfdir}

Ok, found the note in the packaging guideline, now as you remarks it.
(Still not all the rules flooding through my veins :)

An additional question regarding macros:
-should %{name} be used anywhere else than in BuildRoot and if setup
must use the "-n" switch in %prep? From reading other .spec files I have
the impression %{name} isn't used wherever possible.
- how about using %{__make}, %{__install} or %{__rm}? Is there a general
guideline about those macros?

Noted: both questions not only directed to you Oliver - I appreciate
advises by anyone willing to teach me.

> * Added a fine for the reldate (even if it will not live very long)

Done.

> * Moved pam_abl from /sbin to /usr/sbin - you don't need this before a
> possible external /usr gets mounted.

Followed your and Tomas' conversation about this. When I originally
decided for /sbin I did this - like Tomas noted - because pam_tally
(similar purpose like pam_abl) and others are in /sbin. I see your point
Oliver and the one is as valid - probably weighting stronger from
general point of FHS. So: %{_sbindir}.

>   Oliver

Renewed src.rpm and spec:
 http://www.uni-x.org/pam_abl-0.2.2-2.src.rpm
http://www.uni-x.org/pam_abl.spec

Alexander

--

1024D/866ED681 2005-07-11 Alexander Dalloz (Fedora Project) <alex at dalloz.de>
Key fingerprint = CD40 0A91 7814 C1E4 5940  8E0E 1FD5 C316 866E D681