Re: Bugzilla usage

On 07/15/2005 02:14 PM, Michael A. Peters wrote:
On Fri, 2005-07-15 at 14:04 +0200, Oliver Falk wrote:

On 07/15/2005 01:50 PM, Josh Boyer wrote:

Hi All,

So this is more of a procedural question, but I thought I'd ask.  I've
got a bug that has been found and fixed in the latest release of a
package.  The bugzilla entry was opened against devel, but it's also
present in FE-3 and FE-4 since the same package is used across all of
them.

So now that the bug is fixed, I intend to mark it CURRENTRELEASE.  But
if someone runs a bugzilla query for this bug, there is no indication at
first glance that it's also been fixed for FE-3 and FE-4.  So should I:

a) clone the bug for FE-3 and FE-4 marking both of them as
CURRENTRELEASE as well

b) just comment in the original bug that it has been fixed in all
versions of FE

c) not worry so much about it and get a life

Thoughts?

c). If you also fix it for FE3 and FE4.

If someone with an older version encounters this bug on FE3/4, he will - hopefully - first update his package and not first go to Bugzilla and query for this bug. :-) And if he really does, you can mark the bug as a duplicate of 'current' bug in Bugzilla and close it with CURRENTRELEASE.

related question - are we suppose to indicate the bug number in the
changelog?
I see that sometimes in core packages when a patch is applied, but I
don't think I've seen it when it is fixed via a upstream version.

If you have to change something in your specfile, because of a Bugzilla entry, then note the Bugzilla #. If there's a fix in the upstream version, yes, you can note it, and it's maybe no bad idea to note it, so users know about it.

Best,
 Oliver