Request for approval: perl-Mail-SPF-Query and perl-Net-CIDR-Lite

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Mon Jul 18 20:07:30 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-18 at 12:53 -0500, Steven Pritchard wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 18, 2005 at 04:26:04PM +0100, Paul Howarth wrote:
>
> > For discussion:
> > - the test phase is skipped because it does a lot of external DNS
> > lookups - is this the right thing to do?
>
> It was failing intermittently here.  I hate to have that kind of
> uncertaintly in a package build.

Working external DNS or network access is not something we should IMO
assume being available in build roots.  And besides, as noted; even if
it's available, it may cause build failures due to DNS issues, which
makes the test suite less useful.

Without having a look at the specfile or the package: unless it's
already there it would be useful to have the %check section and "make
test" in it though, the latter commented out and the reasoning
documented next to it.  Or if possible, leave it uncommented and disable
only the tests that require network access.