Request for Review: nethack

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Tue Jul 19 15:40:45 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-19 at 11:00 -0400, Luke Macken wrote:
> | SPEC: http://people.redhat.com/lmacken/nethack.spec
> | SRPM: http://people.redhat.com/lmacken/nethack-3.4.3-1.src.rpm
>
> So, anyone care to review/approve this so I import it into CVS ?

A quick peek into the specfile, not a full review:

Nobody has stepped up and wanted to continue maintaining
nethack-falconseye, so I'd suggest removing the Conflicts, and adding a
"Obsoletes: nethack-falconseye <= 1.9.4-6.a".

You're listing stuff in the data dir as normal files, which would mean
for example the "record" file being silently overwritten on upgrades.
I'm pretty certain that people wouldn't like that at all ;).  I don't
remember what's stored in "perm" and "logfile", but those should be
checked, too.  My nethack-falconseye lists everything in the data dir as
%config(noreplace) which isn't probably the prettiest solution, but at
least it prevents the files from being overwritten on upgrades, and from
removed (if modified) on erase.