Request for review / approval: frotz.

Chris Grau chris at chrisgrau.com
Tue Jul 19 19:08:44 UTC 2005

On Tue, Jul 19, 2005 at 05:30:55PM +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 09:58:33 -0500, Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 2005-07-19 at 07:11 -0700, Chris Grau wrote:
> >
> > > Here are the updated files:
> > >
> > >   http://www.chrisgrau.com/packages/frotz/frotz.spec
> > >   http://www.chrisgrau.com/packages/frotz/frotz-2.43-2.fc4.cdg.src.rpm
> >
> > Review: frotz
> >
> > Good:
[snipped Tom's review]

> > APPROVED. Very good first package. :)
> >
> > Now, what you need to do is go ahead and get an account here:
> > https://admin.fedora.redhat.com/accounts/
> >
> > When your paperwork is in, I'll sponsor you.
> >
> > ~spot
>
> Two hints here:
>
> : %build
> : sed -e "s/@@OPTS@@/$RPM_OPT_FLAGS/" Makefile > Makefile.tmp
> : mv Makefile.tmp Makefile
>
> sed -i (of at least FC2) can substitute in a file directly:
>
>   sed -i -e "s/@@OPTS@@/$RPM_OPT_FLAGS/" Makefile

I wasn't aware of that option, though as a heavy user of Perl one would
think I'd have at least looked for it.

> : make %{?_smp_mflags}
> : gzip doc/frotz.6
>
> Compressing manual pages manually is not necessary. rpmbuild does
> this automatically. %{_mandir}/man6/frotz.6* in %files section then.

I wasn't aware of that either.

> These may need investigation:
>
> src/curses/ux_text.c: In function 'os_display_char':
> src/curses/ux_text.c:209: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of data type
> src/curses/ux_text.c: In function 'os_char_width':
> src/curses/ux_text.c:280: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of data type

I looked over the code in question.  Looks like a red herring based on
an implicit type cast, though I'm not entirely sure.  I reported the
warnings upstream to see what the author thinks of them.

Thanks for the hints above.  I've updated the spec file to reflect those
changes.

-chris