Content guidelines update

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Fri Jul 22 17:24:53 UTC 2005

Hi folks,

I've revised the section of the PackagingGuidelines which deals with
Code vs Content.

Previously, Fedora Extras had a pretty big ban on Content. After careful
consideration, we've changed our policy to allow certain types of
Content to be included.

To date, there have been very few packages submitted to FE which would
fall under the old Content ban, so this should not require any changes
to CVS. However, we wanted to define a better set of content guidelines
to open doors for things such as font and clipart inclusion.

Please take a minute or two to read the updated Content guidelines here:
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingGuidelines#CodeVsContent

If you have any questions or concerns about the change, please feel free
to ask me.

Thanks,

~spot
--
Tom "spot" Callaway: Red Hat Senior Sales Engineer || GPG ID: 93054260
Lemurs, llamas, and sparcs, oh my!