Core and Extras maintainers coordination

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Fri Jul 22 21:12:46 UTC 2005

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 13:46:46 -0700, Nathan Grennan wrote:

> > >   Cool, though I would still prefer to see this added to the rpm.
> > > Regular users might want this information and having to dig it out of
> > > cvs isn't good.
> >
> > why do normal users need this? Packages can have a team of
> > maintainers... why can't issues just go into bugzilla where all the
> > people who are working to maintain specific packages can be informed?
> > Why do you need an explicit name of a person as a regular user?
>
>   Not so much the name, but the e-mail address. Maybe they just want to
> ask a question about the package instead of filing a bug report.

Please, no! For asking questions, users ought to use mailing-lists. Please
let's not establish private e-mail contact as a way to contact a package
author, neither for bug reports nor for questions or RFEs. Over the past
weeks I've received a few private mails for packages in Fedora Extras,
where I only fixed a bug or requested an all-arch rebuild.