Core and Extras maintainers coordination

Nathan Grennan fedora-extras-list at cygnusx-1.org
Fri Jul 22 21:12:52 UTC 2005

> email addresses are typically part of the changelog entries for each
> change that is made. Sorry I just don't see a signficant reason to
> encode the current maintainer into the the package header as its own
> tag. There is a particularly high bar that you are going to have to
> meet to show a need for a new rpm header tag, so far you aren't even
> in the ballpark.

  It isn't a matter of the e-mail address, but which e-mail address. As
I have already explained in other messages there can be many people, and
knowing who is current and who is best to ask of many different people
is a guessing game. Having a specified name and e-mail address for a
package, as it seems is maintained in the owner's list is a useful piece
of information. Having it buried in various websites doesn't help.

  As for a high bar, that seems to be the standard with all ideas that
don't come from a the inner circle, sadly.