Re-Request for review: pytz and python-dateutil

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Sat Jul 23 08:58:27 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-22 at 14:47 -0600, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> Jose' Matos wrote:
> >   - Is it really necessary to make all python files executable? I don't see
> > this rule anywhere...
> >
> >   If the last item is supported by any more experienced packager then
> > consider this as approved.
> >

> I think I did it to shutup a rpmlint warning about non-executable
> scripts.  If it does no harm (?) I'll leave it in.

If these files _are_ scripts, not "libraries", and meant to be executed
as such, then they should be executable.  Otherwise not (except for *.so
in non-noarch python packages, obviously).

If these files contain a shebang (#!/usr/bin/python or the like) and a
main function (def main()), it's very likely that they're runnable
scripts; if not, they're probably not.