Request for review: libgeotiff

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Wed Jul 27 06:45:32 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 21:38 -0700, Shawn McCann wrote:
> I'm wondering whether the last set of updates addressed the review
> comments adequately and whether this package is now approved for submission.

I don't consider my remarks on your package to qualify as formal review.
IMO, this package still needs further modifications, because rpmlint
isn't statisfied with it:

# rpmlint libgeotiff-1.2.2-1.i386.rpm
E: libgeotiff description-line-too-long Libgeotiff is a public domain
library normally hosted on top of libtiff for reading, and writing
GeoTIFF information tags.
W: libgeotiff invalid-license MIT/X Consortium License
E: libgeotiff invalid-ldconfig-symlink /usr/lib/libgeotiff.so.1.2.2
libgeotiff.so.1.2
E: libgeotiff shlib-with-non-pic-code /usr/lib/libgeotiff.so.1.2.2
E: libgeotiff
library-not-linked-against-libc /usr/lib/libgeotiff.so.1.2.2
E: libgeotiff zero-length /usr/share/epsg_csv/codes.csv

Unfortunately, I haven't had enough time to look into details, yet.

Ralf