Re: build failed from bad repodata

seth vidal wrote:
On Thu, 2005-07-28 at 01:13 -0700, Roland McGrath wrote:

What am I supposed to do about this?
(http://buildsys.fedoraproject.org/logs//4/52-monotone-0.21-2.fc4/)

Just "make build" again, or what?

/usr/sbin/mock-helper yum --installroot /var/lib/mock/fedora-4-x86_64-core-9c30d592682cbff5339085dd4c13c7511dcae967/root groupinstall build http://fedoraproject.org/extras/4/x86_64/repodata/filelists.xml.gz: [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum Trying other mirror. Error: failure: repodata/filelists.xml.gz from extras: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.

leave it alone - I'll resubmit it. The packages were pushed at the wrong
time.

I consider this to be a minor design flaw. It is not good that the pusher needs to watch asynchronous events and wait for the perfect time in order to push without causing other parts of the build system to fail. The system could be improved in the future to be robust enough to handle this. Maybe it could detect this particular error and restart the BuildRequires population from the beginning after a pause, maybe the existence of a lockfile?

This is low priority to fix for now because it is easy to avoid now that I know about the problem.

Warren Togami
wtogami redhat com