Request for sponsor and review of: lazarus and fpc

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Thu Jul 28 15:54:22 UTC 2005

Thanks again for your work.

It took somehting longer for me to fix things then I thought, but I was
to busy with my job the last few days:

> BAD:
>
>   - spec file should be ftp.spec, no version. Release should probably be "1"

Fixed

>   - COPYING not included as %doc

Fixed

>   - Missing BuildRequires:  binutils, gpm-devel, some (la)tex package
> (may be others, I don't have mock setup)

Fixed partly. I can't find which (la)tex package is missing. I
uninstalled almost everything, including docbook and openjade. Are you
sure about this?

>   - why a "src" package? (Also note fpc-doc type in %desc).
> You've already got a src.rpm.

The source package is neede by Lazarus, which is in fact a GUI-IDE for
Freepascal. The src.rpm doesn't work here, since if you install it, you
don't have the sources on your system, but only a tarball with the
sources.

You could compare it to a .devel-package. Only Pascal doesn't know such
thing as a devel-package, but Lazarus does need some definitions which
it gets from the freepascal-sources. That's why there's a .src package.

> POSSIBLY VERY BAD:
>
>   - tar.gz of binary executables as part of the package!
>
> MINOR:
>
>   - Remove commented out *Requires: lines from spec

Fixed.

New version is available at:
http://www.cnoc.nl/fpc/fpc.spec
http://www.cnoc.nl/fpc/fpc-2.0.0-1.src.rpm