Request for review: Enlightenment DR17 + EFL

John Ellson ellson at research.att.com
Wed Jun 1 11:35:16 UTC 2005

Didier Casse wrote:

>On 5/31/05, Tom 'spot' Callaway <tcallawa at redhat.com> wrote:
>

>>On Mon, 2005-05-30 at 13:35 +0800, Didier Casse wrote:
>>

>>>The solution, as discussed with Carsten, to avoid this in the future
>>>would be to set:
>>>
>>>CFLAGS="-O2 -fomit-frame-pointer"
>>>export CFLAGS
>>>
>>>in the spec file for a generic binary.
>>>

>>Umm, lets not be so hasty to blast away the RPM_OPT_FLAGS. If you need
>>-fomit-frame-pointer for a package, do this instead:
>>
>>CFLAGS="$RPM_OPT_FLAGS -fomit-frame-pointer"
>>
>>~spot
>>

>Hey John,
>                For EVAS we require the full:
>CFLAGS="-O2 -march=pentium4 -fomit-frame-pointer -msse -mmmx -pipe"
>
>But for x86_64 we can't use -march=pentium4, can you try the following
>in the spec file and tell me if it compiles correctly:
>
>%build
>CFLAGS="$RPM_OPT_FLAGS -fomit-frame-pointer -msse -mmx -pipe"
>export CFLAGS
>
>If not, then we remove the "-msse -mmx -pipe" options. Thanks a lot.

Didier.

It was rpmbuild'ing OK without changing CFLAGS once I removed /usr/lib
from PKG_CONFIG_PATH
and stopped it picking up the 32bit version of valgrind.  I think the
PKG_CONFIG_PATH
was just my local bug and not one that should hit Fedora x86_64 users on
systems with unmodified environments.

I tried adding:

	%build
	CFLAGS="$RPM_OPT_FLAGS -fomit-frame-pointer -msse -mmmx -pipe"
	export CFLAGS

    (-mmmx with 3 m's)
as you requested and it still compiles OK, but I'm not what that
proves?    Is there some kind of
test I should do to verify the effect of the flags?

John