Request for review: tetex-prosper (LPPL license)

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Wed Jun 1 13:48:52 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-01 at 11:32 +0100, Jose Pedro Oliveira wrote:
> LPPL license
> license and got the following answer from Tom Callaway:
>
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-packaging/2005-February/msg00132.html

Hi Jose,

I'm glad to hear that the LPPL is OK for Fedora Extras.  Thats fine.

However, its *COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT* to this discussion because prosper
is NOT LICENSED BY THE LPPL.  Thats the whole point of the three
previous emails in this thread.  So, please go back and read my and
Ignacio's emails again:

  https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-list/2005-
June/msg00003.html
  https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-list/2005-
June/msg00008.html
  https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-list/2005-
June/msg00009.html

and come back to this discussion only after you have figured out that
prosper is licensed under something OTHER than the LPPL.

Ed

ps - And yes, Ignacio is certainly correct when he says that the
  license is closer to an MIT-style than a BSD-style.

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
             Cambridge, MA 02139-4307
emails:  eh3 at mit.edu                ed at eh3.com