Approval Require for kyum [was Re: New Package: kyum]

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Thu Jun 2 20:07:50 UTC 2005

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 20:50:20 +0200, Jochen Schmitt wrote:

> Thank you for your patch, I have integrated it into the Source
> RPM.
>
> The new Source RPM is uploaded to:
>
> http://www.herr-schmitt.de/pub/kyum/kyum-0.6.3-4.src.rpm
>
> I hope, this patch will be require only until the next version of
> gamin will be released. From my point of view, this solution is
> ugly.

Well, I find it less ugly than not shipping some KDE apps for FE4
because we cannot build them. ;)

> For you comment to move /usr/bin/kyum_sysinfo.py into another
> directory, the upload maintainer has wrote, that the x-bit should
> be set and the file should stay in /usr/bin, becouse it is
> possible to call the script as a normal programm.
>
> It will be nice, to get your point of view about this comment.

It is posssible, but it's not mandatory. And currently the script would
only pollute /usr/bin, comes without any documentation and gives an ugly
Python traceback when you call it:

$ python /usr/share/kyum/kyum_sysinfo.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/kyum/kyum_sysinfo.py", line 29, in ?
    releasever = _getsysver(sys.argv[1])
IndexError: list index out of range

$ python /usr/share/kyum/kyum_sysinfo.py bash
i386 ; athlon ; 3.0

In order to move on with this package, consider it approved. But please
include directory %{_datadir}/kyum in the files section, because you
really like to add new minor bugs with every package revision.

> +* Thu Jun 03 2005 Jochen Schmitt <Jochen herr-schmitt de> 0.5.3-4

"Jun 02" and 0.6.3-4