Request for review/sponsor - NEdit

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Thu Jun 2 23:50:57 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 14:15 -0500, Ian Pilcher wrote:
> I've finally got an updated NEdit SRPM whipped into shape (renamed from
> NEdit per the guidelines in the Fedora Extras Wiki).  It can be found at
>
>    http://home.comcast.net/~i.pilcher/NEdit-5.5-3.src.rpm
>
> What's the next step?
>
> Thanks!

md5sum matches upstream

in
desktop-file-install --vendor net --delete-original \
        --dir $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{_prefix}/share/applications \
        --add-category "Application;Development;X-Red-Hat-Extra" \
        $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/etc/X11/applnk/Applications/nedit.desktop

vendor should be fedora (ie --vendor=fedora) - and I believe you need to
--add-category=X-Fedora
I'm don't think X-Red-Hat-Extra is needed, but I don't think that it is
wrong either.

btw - I use to be a _big_ fan of NEdit - (I don't use it anymore, emacs
won me) but I'll be happy to help QA it.