New Packages: python-ezpycrypto, python-pam

Jack Neely jjneely at pams.ncsu.edu
Wed Jun 8 01:32:51 UTC 2005

Folks,

A couple packages for initial review/approval.  Let me know what issues
you may see:

Both of these were built and tested on FC3.

* python-ezpycrypto:
http://anduril.pams.ncsu.edu/~slack/SRPMS/python-ezpycrypto-0.1.1-1.src.rpm
GPL

This is a python wrapper around python-crypto.  Its goal is to abstract
the details of the Crypto module and provide a simple, easy to
understand python API.  It presents a Key object to the programmer that
has methods to import/export keys, encrypt, decrypt, sign, verify, and
work with IO streams.

* python-pam:
http://anduril.pams.ncsu.edu/~slack/SRPMS/python-pam-0.4.2-1.src.rpm
GPL

This is a C module to provide python bindings to PAM.  I recently had to
hack on this to get this module as included with RHN Sat to actually
work.  I've done enough work with it that I feel comfortable supporting
a package of it.  I've seen it used in several projects out there, but
the upstream project looks unmaintained.
--
Jack Neely <slack at quackmaster.net>
Realm Linux Administration and Development