Re: Request for review/sponsor - NEdit

On Mer 8 juin 2005 11:45, Michael Schwendt a écrit :
> On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 10:22:57 -0500, Ian Pilcher wrote:

>> I don't have a strong feeling either way.  ("nedit" is certainly easier
>> to type.)  However, it is frustrating to try to follow the documented
>> rules, only to be told that they're not really the rules.
>>
>> Can someone please clarify?
>
> I think that "rule" ought to be kicked of off the page. Unless there is
> really good reason to use mixed-case package names (like trademarks
> guidelines requiring a specific spelling), every package name ought to be
> lower-case only.

I remember back when I was editing the plaquette for a commercial
convention our rule was never to bend to any special company casing policy
because their marketoïds all wanted to use CAPITALIZED LETTERS for their
precious COMPANY NAME and COMMERCIAL MOTTO which made the result
impossible to read by normal people.

The problem with special casing it only has some impact if you're the only
one to use it (it's a way to cheat and attract attention) but when
everyone and his mother wants it you could as well use hieroglyphs.

At least hieroglyphs are pretty.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot