Requesting review (II)/approval on Enlightenment DR17 package+ some EFLs

Nils Philippsen nphilipp at redhat.com
Fri Jun 10 08:30:50 UTC 2005

Hi Didier,

On Fri, 2005-06-10 at 10:19 +0800, Didier Casse wrote:

> But I realized that tarballs not generated by "make dist" still
> require this extra option somehow. Proper tarball is just happy with
> the %configure.
>
> If you try to build for instance this:
>
> http://ovh.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/e17genmenu/e17genmenu-0.1.8.tar.gz
>
> without the extra option, it won't install in /usr (It's not a good
> generated tarball and probably not generated at all!). The trick is to
> go inside the tarball, perform a
> ./autogen.sh, make dist then take the resulting PROPER tarball. Then
> there's no need to specify additional options to %configure.

I've skimmed over the tarball, but didn't find anything that would
indicate that it needed --prefix=... specified twice (because that is
what "%configure --prefix=..." would do -- it already specifies
--prefix=/usr). In fact the tarball looks like just an ordinary "make
dist" generated one, I can only find "/usr/local" at the obvious places,
namely in the configure script when looking for headers and libraries
and as the default prefix (which should get overridden when using
--prefix (once)).

I don't have all the E17 stuff installed, so I can't run configure
properly, but if you could run it twice (first time with "%configure",
second with "%configure --prefix=/usr") and send me the build log
(privately, no need to spam the list) perhaps we can figure out what
goes wrong here.

Nils
     Nils Philippsen    /    Red Hat    /    nphilipp at redhat.com