New package: balsa

Toshio Kuratomi toshio at tiki-lounge.com
Fri Jun 10 16:23:09 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-09 at 21:22 +0000, Pawel Salek wrote:
> On 06/08/2005 04:30:15 PM, Michael A. Peters wrote:
> > I'll see if I can get libesmtp to build in rawhide in gcc4. That's
> > probably a blocker.

> Another way would be to include libesmtp package in balsa as an
> additional tarball - this would require some patching though because
> currently libesmtp loads authentication plugins with dlopen() and its
> author is very fond of it. Does anybody know of other applications
> using libesmtp? I think pan is one but I do not know its status.

This should be avoided whenever possible.  If a library has a separate
tarball it should be packaged separately.  That way someone else
developing something that could use libesmtp will know it's there to be
played with.  Besides, if it won't build with gcc4 alone, it won't
matter if it's in its own packag or the balsa package.

-Toshio