Re: Approved - perl-DBD-SQLite

On Sat, 2005-06-11 at 15:06 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-06-11 at 12:03 -0700, Michael A. Peters wrote:
> > Submitted by: Michael A. Peters
> > Reviewed by: Michael Schwendt
> > Will be maintained by: Josť Pedro Oliveira
> >
> > Description :
> > SQLite is a public domain RDBMS database engine that you can find at
> > http://www.sqlite.org/
> >
> > Rather than ask you to install SQLite first, because SQLite is public domain,
> > DBD::SQLite includes the entire thing in the distribution. So in order to get
> > a fast transaction capable RDBMS working for your perl project you simply have
> > to install this module, and nothing else.
>

> wait, what???
>
> it includes a duplicate copy of SQLite?
>
> That's kinda crack, isn't it?

Yes. And the wiki about fc5 says Fedora wants to reduce that kind of
thing.

This summer I intend to try and patch the makefile so that it has the
option of using system sqlite as that is better on the security end
(regarding flaws in sqlite) and will try to get it upstream.

That's one of the two reasons why I said I didn't want it anymore to
maintain myself.