Changes to GCC in development

Quentin Spencer qspencer at ieee.org
Mon Jun 13 12:42:36 UTC 2005

The package cln was built on development on May 28. It still builds on
FC4, but now fails on development. I'm getting errors that begin with
something like this:

../include/cln/string.h:30: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of
'cl_string' with no type
../include/cln/string.h:30: error: 'cl_string' is neither function nor
member function; cannot be declared friend
../include/cln/string.h:30: error: expected ';' before 'operator'

It appears gcc-4.0.0-11 was released on June 6. Does anyone know whether
this release is now enforcing some rules that were not enforced before?
Can strict checking be turned off with compiler flags? I don't know C++
well enough to understand exactly what's going wrong here.

-Quentin