Package Review Process Proposal

Chris Ricker kaboom at oobleck.net
Thu Jun 16 14:19:41 UTC 2005

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005, Dave Lawrence wrote:

> Package Review Proof of Concept
> whichever. Once the new report is submitted, there are several new status flags which only
> display for package requests specifically. These are currently:

Great! It kinda seems like a lot of packages are getting announced for
initial review, and then never getting farther. Hopefully tracking will
help with that

> Name            Description
> extrasÿÿlegal    Package reviewed for any known legal issues or licencing problems.
> extrasÿÿreview   Package review request picked up and in progress.

Are these two really separate? Right now it kinda seems like the initial
reviewers tend to do the basic sanity checking of whether its
distributable

> extrasÿÿapproval Package approval for inclusion in the Fedora Extras project
> extrasÿÿfc3      Package approval for inclusion in the FC3 version of the Fedora Extras project.
> extrasÿÿfc4      Package approval for inclusion in the FC4 version of the Fedora Extras project.

Right now we don't do separate approvals for each branch. It's just a
review okaying to import initially, and then a review okaying to build
(which covers all branches). Are the separate approvals actually needed?

later,
chris