rpms/yumex/devel yumex.spec, NONE, 1.1 .cvsignore, 1.1, 1.2 sources, 1.1, 1.2

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Wed Jun 22 03:58:41 UTC 2005

> The guidelines don't say "preferred Core application". They say
> "packages that are considered essential for end users". I hope that at some
> point a decent yum GUI fits that bill. Yumex might not be at that point yet,
> but hopefully it will be at some point.

So I got a chance to play with the new yumex this weekend.

good things:
 - it's not screen scraping anymore (yay!)
 - it makes browsing the repos quite easy
 - it makes repo addition/editing pretty easy

bad things:
 - the 'add a repo' interface is a little klunky
 - the remove-packages callback is pretty much nonexistent (not entirely
the fault of yumex)

I'm glad it's headed into fedora extras.

-sv