Re: Doesn't a new version replace the previous one?

On Thu, 2005-06-23 at 08:46 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-06-23 at 14:18 +0200, Christian Jodar wrote:
> >
> > Is that an expected behaviour to have all of
> > the built version in the repository? Should I do something to clean up
> > previous versions?
> >
> They probably should but they don't always.
>
> Mostly due to the lack of a program being run to prune them out. I've
> got the program and we run it from time to time - but I think there's
> some dispute over whether it should be run everytime or not.

I personally think that some number of older builds should be kept in
the repository.  Perhaps keeping an older build for 7-14 days after a
newer build is released would work well without using up too much disk
space.  That way it's easier to revert to an older version of a recently
released package.  Packages that haven't changed recently would only
have the latest version in the repository.

Jeff