Package seeking review: epiphany-extensions-1.7.1.src.rpm

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Fri Jun 24 21:03:27 UTC 2005

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 14:11:13 -0400, Christopher Aillon wrote:

> http://gnome.org/projects/epiphany/extensions
>
> SRPM and spec at: http://people.redhat.com/caillon/RPMS/extras/devel/

With regard to the spec, it looks straight-forward (comments below).
Because of that I dare to give blanket approval for this, ...

... since I haven't had a change to test-build it yet (this FC4 machine
only has Ephiphany 1.6.1), because I'm too stupid to find the source
tarball at the given upstream URL (put the full download URL into the
Source0 field), and because you're @redhat.

> %{_libdir}/epiphany/%{ephy_major}/extensions

Looking at the rawhide epiphany spec, I see nothing which owns
the two directories

  %{_libdir}/epiphany/
  %{_libdir}/epiphany/%{ephy_major}/

so instead you most likely you want

  %{_libdir}/epiphany/

in _this_ extensions package to include all the directories.

> %{_datadir}/locale/*/LC_MESSAGES/epiphany-extensions-*.mo

Any reason why Red Hat's find_lang macro is way behind the times?
You can use

  /usr/lib/rpm/find-lang.sh $RPM_BUILD_ROOT %name --all-name

in %install and then do

  %files -f %{name}.lang

as usual.

As a better--in terms of advertising--package summary, I suggest:

--
Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at users.sf.net>
Fedora Core release 4 (Stentz) - Linux 2.6.11-1.1369_FC4