Build Result: libotr on development

Paul Wouters paul at cypherpunks.ca
Mon Jun 27 19:59:03 UTC 2005

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005, Ville Skyttä wrote:

> Two ideas which may or may not affect this (see attached patch):
>
> libotr is currently kind of a self-obsoleting package.  It provides a
> versioned libotr-toolkit, but obsoletes _all_ versions of
> libotr-toolkit, including itself.

I've applied that fix from you. Thanks.

> Also, libotr-devel is missing a dependency on libgcrypt-devel.  See
> "grep -r '#include' /usr/include/libotr".  This shouldn't affect the
> build of gaim-otr which already BuildRequires libgcrypt-devel, but is
> the right thing to do anyway.

Okay. I hadn't added it there, because it is already in BuildRequires, which
kind of assumes that you need to have libgcrypt-devel.  But I guess you are
right, if someone makes a package needed libotr headers, they will need the
gcrypt headers too, even though they're not building libotr itself.

> While at it, I think the docs could be reorganized slightly better
> between the main package and -devel.

I've applied that, but left the Protocol in the libotr package where you
had moved it to devel. But that's more a political decision, then a
pure technical one.

I've requested another build, let's see what happens now.

Paul
--

   "I am not even supposed to be here today!"  -- Clerics