New Package: fish

Oliver Falk oliver at linux-kernel.at
Tue Jun 28 07:12:36 UTC 2005

On 06/27/2005 10:09 PM, Axel Liljencrantz wrote:
> Thanks for the comments. I'm sorry for not answering your message any
> sooner, but I've been unwell.

No problem. I was also kind of busy the last time...

[ ... ]

>>>Btw, caution! Adding things during a review often asks for trouble as your
>>>current reviewer may not agree with changes he didn't propose.
[ ... ]

>>BuildRoot has been documented in Wiki this way:
>>%{_tmppath}/%{name}-%{version}-%{release}-root-%(%{__id_u} -n)
>>
>>Btw, indentations - I think - would be fine so it's better readable.
>
> Where, how? Is there any preferred indentation style, etc?

I'm not sure what the Wiki says about this, but you may have a look at
the fedora-rpmdevtools; Or to be more exactly at

/usr/share/fedora/spectemplate-minimal.spec

from fedora-rpmdevtools. I do use tabs instead of spaces, but I believe
there are no _rules_ on how to do this...

[ ... ]

>>* /usr/bin/* should get an %attr(0755,root,root) I think.
 > Ok. I thought that would be the default, but I added it anyway.

Sometimes it's good to believe rpm will do it correctly, sometimes not. :-)

[ ... ]

Just a note: I had no look at the new package (rel 5) yet, I just
answered the mail...

Best,
  Oliver