Re: New Package: fish

On 06/27/2005 10:09 PM, Axel Liljencrantz wrote:
Thanks for the comments. I'm sorry for not answering your message any
sooner, but I've been unwell.

No problem. I was also kind of busy the last time...

[ ... ]

Btw, caution! Adding things during a review often asks for trouble as your
current reviewer may not agree with changes he didn't propose.
[ ... ]

BuildRoot has been documented in Wiki this way:
%{_tmppath}/%{name}-%{version}-%{release}-root-%(%{__id_u} -n)

Btw, indentations - I think - would be fine so it's better readable.

Where, how? Is there any preferred indentation style, etc?

I'm not sure what the Wiki says about this, but you may have a look at the fedora-rpmdevtools; Or to be more exactly at

/usr/share/fedora/spectemplate-minimal.spec

from fedora-rpmdevtools. I do use tabs instead of spaces, but I believe there are no _rules_ on how to do this...

[ ... ]

* /usr/bin/* should get an %attr(0755,root,root) I think.
> Ok. I thought that would be the default, but I added it anyway.

Sometimes it's good to believe rpm will do it correctly, sometimes not. :-)

[ ... ]

Just a note: I had no look at the new package (rel 5) yet, I just answered the mail...

Best,
 Oliver